Monday, January 19, 2009

Going to NAHBS? VO Imports Will Be there


Actually, Velo Orange will be displaying at the North American Handbuilt Bike Show in Indianapolis IN., Feb 27, 28 and March 1. It's 5 weeks way! We are busy trying to make our 10x20' space look warm and inviting. Anyone have suggestions? I'll try to post photos of the prototype booth as it comes along.

A bunch of VO Imports shops and framebuilders are using Velo Orange fenders, racks, bar wrap and other parts to outfit their bikes which will be on display in their booths at NAHBS Indy. If you need product for your display bikes, I'd recommend having your order into us no later than the first week of February- that way you will have some time to do the install, deal with any last minute issues, pack your bikes/ booth stuff and ship it out in time for NAHBS.

Inventory wise, ESGE was nice enough send us another batch of their double legged center mount kickstands. Surprisingly, they are still made in that 3rd world sweatshop of Switzerland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ikea floor lamps (with the paper shades), are a cheap way to add a bit of ambience, especially to a sitting area (look up the "Horup" model for example).

Plants (live or fake) go a long way, too. I'd get carpet for the booth if the show hall doesn't have it.

What are you using for a back wall to cover up the pipe-and-drape? Are you wall hanging things or building custom shelves or display cases? do products need to be tied down or behind glass?

Avoid a standard table and skirt, if possible. Not sure what your budget is or what resources you have for materials. Fabric packs small and can look really good if it's tensioned correctly.

Tom said...

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll figure some plants into the plans. I like plants at trade shows.

We've got a floor lamp and Ikea coffins. We are playing around with some boxes and DIY display cases too. We will bring a cute metal folding table and chairs, possibly an espresso maker.

Covering up the pipe and drape background will be challenging, same thing with the tables they give us.

We don't have much of a budget. Carpet? Not sure if I can justify that.
I want to keep it cheap so we can go to other shows this year. The 10x20' was a splurge and it's a bit of space.