Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Velo Orange Fenders, Now Pre-Drilled!
The delivery truck was parked at our receiving bay on Monday with another shipment for VO Imports. Stainless steel and anodized alloy 700x45 fenders are back in stock! This time we had them pre-drilled. I think your your mechanics and DIY customers will appreciate that very much, especially on the stainless versions. We include the hardware, and pricing has remained the same.
Our long awaited Belleville handlebars were in this shipment too. This is what Chris says about them:
"Bellville bars are nicer than we expected with lovely polishing and a smooth even bend. You may remember that these are our version of what is probably the most popular style of French city and utility bike bars ever. They are 43cm wide ( or 45mm outside-to outside) and have zero rise. That's fairly narrow for a city bar which is an advantage in traffic. They are made of road bar sized tubing. 23.8mm, and except inverse brake levers or bar end shifters. The straight grip section is a generous 150mm. The VO logos are laser etched under the grips."
They accept bar con shifters or inverse levers, and our 23.8mm city bike levers. We made a slight change in spec from the original porteurs: we increased the grip length for those who want to use regular city bike levers.
Headset spacer mounts for the Japanese brass bells were a little surprise too. I need to make part numbers but we should be able to take orders as of Jan 9th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Tom,
What's the flare/sweep on the grip portion of the Belleville bar? I wanted to love this bar but looking at that angle makes my wrists hurt a bit. I love the near 90 degree sweep on Nitto Promenades - it's almost like riding with your hands behind the hoods on a drop bar - any thoughts?
The finish & price on the Belleville are fabulous, BTW.
Thanks!
from memory, the grip portion flares out at 15ish degrees. will confirm that on monday. They flare is not any different from the historical french bars. It only looks more because of the added length in the grip area.
when you drop your hands down they naturally angle outwards, about the same is these bars.
Go and try it. Push away from the keyboard, get up, relax your arms, let your handfs hang down naturally. Look at the positioning of your hands. Then look at the photo of the handlebars.....
Thanks Tom,
I was basing my crude eyeball assessment of the Belleville pix against the flare from Nitto Promenades - which I own, use and love. The flare on the Belleville just looked a bit "open" to my eyes. I love the idea of a no-rise Promenade type bar that takes bar-end shifters. I'm hoping this will be that bar.
bump...
Post a Comment